1. 1 teaspoon vegetable oil for frying
2. 2 red onions, chopped
3. 8 cups fresh spinach
4. salt and freshly ground black pepper
5. 1 pinch ground nutmeg
6. 9 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
7. 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
8. 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
9. 1 egg, beaten
10. 4 multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved, or more to taste
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:27 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 47 Minutes
1. warmness oil in a big pan over medium warmness and saute onions till tender and translucent. add spinach, salt, and pepper and briefly saute whilst stirring constantly, 2 to three mins.. cowl and prepare dinner till spinach is wilted, 5 to 7 minutes. put off lid after five mins and allow cooking liquid to evaporate. eliminate from stove and cool completely.
2. chop spinach combination and integrate with ricotta and parmesan cheese in a bowl. season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
three. roll out puff pastry sheet and evenly cover with spinach-cheese aggregate to inside half of inch of the rims. tightly roll up sheet lengthwise and press edges tightly together. wrap in plastic wrap and funky in fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. preheat oven to 400 degrees f (2 hundred ranges c). cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
five. slice pastry log into 3/4-inch slices so that you have 16 to 22 pinwheels. lay puff pastry pinwheels inside the form of a christmas tree. the lowest row need to consist of 6 pinwheels the second one row 5 pinwheels, and so on. in case you emerge as with 16 pinwheels, begin with five pinwheels in the lowest row. location the ultimate wheel on the bottom to make the stem. brush with egg.
6. bake in preheated oven till wheels are lightly browned and overrated, 20 to twenty-five minutes. enhance with cherry tomatoes for christmas tree adorns.