1. 1/2 cup warm water
2. 1 teaspoon white sugar
3. 1 teaspoon yeast
4. 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, divided
5. 1/2 cup hot water
6. 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided, or as needed
7. 1 teaspoon salt
8. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
9. 1 cup finely chopped scallions
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:6 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 6 Minutes
1. combine heat water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. add 1 cup flour; stir dough with a spatula.
2. mix the final 1 cup flour, hot water, 2 tablespoons oil, and salt together in a separate bowl till dough-like in texture. add the dough from step 1; knead collectively into a spherical ball, dusting with flour as wished. place dough ball on a gently floured work surface; cowl with a heat, damp towel for 30 to forty mins.
3. pinch dough ball into 2 pieces. roll each out and sprinkle 1/2 the scallions on pinnacle. roll up every piece into a tube; pinch every in 1/2. roll and flatten into huge pancakes, dusting with flour, if needed.
four. warmness the closing oil in a skillet over medium warmness. prepare dinner pancakes until browned, three to four minutes according to side.