- 4 zucchini (Medium sized)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (Divided)
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs (Divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:33 Minutes, Ready In:58 Minutes
- Take a big pot and fill it with water, add zucchini and boil for 10 to 12 min. until it is tender.
- Drain the water from pot and let zucchini cool for approximately 10 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit and grease a baking pan.
- Slice cooked zucchini lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and switch to a strainer.
- Take the pulp out and switch to a bowl. Add monterey jack cheese, cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, butter, bitter cream, garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Blend to combine.
- Spoon the mixture and place on prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with final parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 mins. Turn on broiler until tops are golden brown, 3 to 4 mins more.