1. 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2. 1/2 cup diced hot Hatch green chiles
3. 1 teaspoon white sugar
4. 1 clove garlic, minced
5. 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced, or to taste (optional)
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
8. 2 halibut steaks
9. 2 cups sliced zucchini
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. preheat oven to 400 stages f (two hundred ranges c).
2. integrate tomatoes, inexperienced chiles, sugar, garlic, jalapeno, salt, and black pepper in a saucepan over medium heat; carry to a boil. reduce warmness to medium-low; add zucchini. simmer till sauce is mixed, 5 to 10 mins.
3. place halibut steaks in a shallow casserole dish; pour sauce on top.
4. bake, exposed, within the preheated oven till fish flakes effortlessly with a fork, approximately 30 minutes.