1. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2. 1 onion, diced
3. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
4. 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
5. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
6. 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
7. 3 large tomatoes, diced
8. 3/4 cup water
9. salt and ground black pepper to taste
10. 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-size chunks
11. 4 cups jasmine rice
12. water to cover
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:41 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 6 Minutes
1. warmness 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook dinner and stir until softened, approximately 5 minutes. upload tomato paste and cayenne pepper; prepare dinner, stirring constantly, until dark and aromatic, about 2 minutes. stir in tomatoes, 3/four cup water, salt, and pepper. cowl and simmer over medium-low heat.
2. warmness last 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a separate pot. season stew meat with salt and pepper. cook within the hot oil until browned, 1 to two mins consistent with facet.
3. stir meat into the simmering tomato aggregate. upload jasmine rice. pour in enough water to cowl the rice. cover and cook over medium warmness, stirring every so often, until stew meat and rice are tender, approximately half-hour.