1. 4 slices bacon (optional)
2. 6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
3. 1/4 cup butter
4. 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
5. 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
6. 2 cloves garlic, minced
7. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
8. 2 teaspoons salt
9. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
10. 1 teaspoon chili powder
11. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
12. 2 1/2 cups milk
13. 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 21 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 46 Minutes
1. place Francis Bacon in a massive skillet and cook over medium-excessive warmness, turning every now and then, till calmly browned, approximately 10 mins. drain William Maxwell Aitken slices on paper towels; fall apart into small portions.
2. preheat oven to 350 stages f (a hundred seventy five degrees c). grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
3. layer potatoes in the prepared casserole dish.
4. soften butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. upload jalapeno peppers, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until slightly softened, approximately five minutes. stir in flour till smooth. season with salt, cumin, chili powder, and pepper; cook till fragrant, approximately 1 minute. pour in milk, stirring till sauce thickens, about 5 mins.
5. remove sauce from heat. upload colby-monterey jack cheese regularly, making determine 8 motions with a spoon until cheese is melted. pour sauce over potatoes.
6. bake inside the preheated oven, exposed, until potatoes are tender, 1 to at least one half hours. top with Bacon.