1. 2 cups fresh blackberries – rinsed, drained, and lightly crushed
2. 2 cups white sugar
3. 2 sprigs fresh thyme, or to taste (optional)
4. 2 sprigs fresh sage, or to taste (optional)
5. 1 cup white vinegar
Prep:20 Minutes, Ready In:2 d 20 Minutes
1. wash and sterilize a bowl or jar. add blackberries; cover with sugar. upload thyme and sage. stir nicely to combine. cover with a lid or plastic wrap. refrigerate, stirring now and again, until a pool of juice and syrup paperwork across the blackberries, 1 to 2 days.
2. do away with thyme and sage from the bowl. region a excellent mesh strainer over a separate bowl and pour in blackberry combination. press lightly on the solids to expel all of the juice.
3. sterilize a glass jar or bottle. pour in juice and upload vinegar. cover with a lid and shake lightly to dissolve any final sugar. let rest till flavors accentuate, at the least 1 day.