1. Tarragon Cream Sauce:
2. 2 tablespoons butter
3. 4 small shallots, minced
4. 1/2 cup dry white wine
5. 3/4 cup milk
6. 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
7. 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
8. salt to taste
10. 2 tablespoons butter
11. 2 fennel, trimmed and sliced
12. 1 blood orange, juiced
13. 12 ounces fresh spinach
14. Scallops and Shrimp:
15. 12 jumbo shrimp
16. 12 sea scallops
17. salt and ground black pepper to taste
18. 5 tablespoons butter
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:29 Minutes, Ready In:54 Minutes
1. melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. prepare dinner and stir shallots till translucent, about five mins. pour in white wine; simmer until decreased by nearly half. pressure out shallots; discard.
2. pour milk, heavy cream, and tarragon into the saucepan; simmer till slightly thickened, approximately 5 mins. season with salt. lessen warmness to low and cover to preserve heat.
3. melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium warmness. prepare dinner and stir fennel until slightly softened, about five mins. pour in orange juice; simmer until barely reduced, approximately 3 minutes. stir in spinach. reduce warmness, cover skillet, and cook spinach until softened, approximately 5 mins. stir nicely. dispose of from warmness and keep protected.
4. season shrimp and scallops with salt and pepper.
5. melt 2 half of tablespoons of butter in a solid iron skillet over medium warmth. upload scallops; prepare dinner till browned, approximately 2 minutes. flip and prepare dinner on the second one aspect for 1 minute. add remaining butter and shrimp to the skillet; prepare dinner until shrimp turns purple, three to 4 minutes.
6. spoon some of the cream sauce onto each serving dish. divide fennel and spinach mixture calmly among dishes. arrange three scallops and three shrimp in a spiral over the fennel and spinach mixture.