chook breasts are roasted with sliced lemons, which can be later combined with the chicken juice right into a juicy confit and served at the aspect.
1. 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, or as needed
2. 2 lemons, thinly sliced
3. 2 bay leaves
4. 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
5. 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or to taste
6. salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 15 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees f (190 levels c). grease a baking pan with olive oil.
2. lay 1/3 of lemon slices on the bottom of the organized pan; pinnacle with 1 bay leaf and 1 chicken breast, skin aspect-up. repeat layer with every other 1/three of the lemon slices and the other bay leaf and chicken breast. cover with the ultimate lemon slices. sprinkle thyme, salt, and pepper on pinnacle.
3. region chook at the center rack of the preheated oven and bake, exposed, till no longer purple at the bone and the juices run clear, approximately forty five minutes. an instantaneous-study thermometer inserted near the bone should study a hundred sixty five tiers f (seventy four ranges c).
4. switch baked chicken onto a plate to relaxation, about 15 mins. transfer cooked lemons onto a slicing board. dice and mix into the pan juices. spoon mixture onto a serving plate with the chook.