1. 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
2. 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
3. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4. 1/2 large onion, chopped
5. 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
6. 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
7. 3 tablespoons annatto paste (achiote)
8. 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
9. 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
10. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
11. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
12. 1 dried chipotle chile pepper
13. kosher salt, to taste
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. preheat oven to 350 stages f (one hundred seventy five degrees c).
2. cowl quinoa with vegetable broth in an oven-evidence saucepan. bring to a boil. cowl the saucepan with aluminum foil.
three. bake in preheated oven until quinoa is dry and fluffy, approximately 15 minutes. maintain covered.
four. heat a skillet over medium heat. pour in vegetable oil. cook dinner and stir onion and garlic till smooth, approximately five minutes. stir in tomatoes, annatto paste, vinegar, paprika, oregano, cumin, and chipotle pepper. cook till aggregate is thick and stew-like, 10 to fifteen minutes.
five. toss the mixture with the baked quinoa. let cool, approximately 10 mins. season with salt.