1. 1 (16 ounce) package sweet cornbread mix (such as Martha White®)
2. 1/2 cup milk
3. 1 egg
4. 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
5. 1 small onion, diced
6. 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, or more to taste
7. 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
8. 1 cup chunky salsa
9. 1 cup frozen corn
10. 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
11. 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:55 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 20 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 ranges f (one hundred seventy five levels c).
2. mix cornbread mix, milk, and egg together in a bowl until easy.
three. combine floor pork, onion, and jalapeno pepper in a big oven-evidence skillet; cook dinner and stir till beef is browned, about five mins. stir in enchilada sauce, salsa, corn, and chipotle pepper until heated via, approximately 5 mins. pour cornbread batter on top.
four. bake within the preheated oven until pinnacle is golden brown, approximately forty mins. sprinkle cheddar cheese over the pinnacle. retain baking till cheese is melted, about 5 minutes extra. permit stand 10 to fifteen mins earlier than serving.