1. 1/4 cup olive oil, or as needed, divided
2. 1 pound ground beef
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided, or to taste
5. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
7. 2 cups marinara sauce, divided
8. 1 eggplant, sliced
9. 2 small zucchini, sliced
10. 2 Cubanelle peppers, chopped
11. 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
12. 2 small sweet potatoes, thinly sliced, or more to taste
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 21 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 56 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 ranges f (one hundred ninety levels c). grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. warmness 1 tablespoon oil in a huge skillet over medium heat. cook dinner red meat, breaking apart into small pieces the usage of a timber spoon, till browned, approximately five minutes. circulate to a bowl the use of a slotted spoon.
three. wipe the skillet easy with a paper towel. heat the last 1 tablespoon oil. upload garlic and cook dinner till aromatic, approximately 30 seconds. add to the red meat. season red meat with 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. stir in 1 half cups marinara sauce till properly combined.
4. cook and stir eggplant inside the skillet until gentle, approximately 2 minutes according to aspect. season with salt. set on a plate. repeat with zucchini. cook and stir mushrooms over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. switch to a bowl. cook and stir cubanelle peppers till tender, approximately 3 minutes.
five. lay sweet potatoes evenly over the lowest of the baking pan, reserving a few slices. layer eggplant, red meat, zucchini, cubanelle peppers, and mushrooms on top. cowl with the final 1/2 cup marinara. pinnacle with the reserved sweet potato slices. drizzle with oil; season with the ultimate 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. cowl with aluminum foil.
6. bake inside the preheated oven till candy potatoes are soft, approximately forty five minutes. dispose of aluminum foil and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes more. allow relaxation for 5 minutes before serving.