1. 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2. 1 tablespoon paprika
3. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
4. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
5. 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
6. 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8. 5 pounds meaty beef back ribs or pork loin back ribs
9. 6 hickory wood chunks, or more as needed
10. Kansas City Barbecue Sauce or your favorite bottled sauce
11. Kansas City Barbecue Sauce:
12. 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
13. 2 cloves garlic, minced
14. 1 tablespoon olive oil
15. 3/4 cup apple juice
16. 1/3 cup tomato paste
17. 1/4 cup cider vinegar
18. 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
19. 2 tablespoons molasses
20. 1 tablespoon paprika
21. 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
22. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
23. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
24. 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
Prep:30 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 30 Minutes
1. for rub: in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, garlic powder, dry mustard, celery salt, and cayenne pepper. sprinkle rub evenly over ribs; rub in together with your fingers.
2. in a smoker set up preheated coals, wood chunks, and water pan in keeping with manufacturer’s instructions. pour water into pan. region ribs, bone aspect down, on grill rack over water pan. (or place ribs in a rib rack and location on grill rack.) cover and smoke for 2 half to a few hours or till ribs are soft, brushing as soon as with the kansas town fish fry sauce over the last 15 mins of smoking. (if ribs get too dark, wrap in foil over the last part of grilling.) upload additional coals and water as needed to hold temperature and moisture.
three. serve ribs with ultimate sauce.
4. kansas town barbecue sauce
5. in a medium saucepan prepare dinner onion and garlic in warm olive oil till onion is smooth. stir in apple juice, tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, paprika, worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. bring to boiling; lessen heat. simmer, uncovered, about half-hour or until sauce is favored consistency, stirring every so often. stir in horseradish.