1. 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil , divided
2. 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3. 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
4. 1 small yellow onion, chopped
5. 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
7. salt and ground black pepper to taste
8. 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
9. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
10. 1/4 cup all purpose flour
11. 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
12. 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
13. 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
14. 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:32 Minutes, Ready In:47 Minutes
1. heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a big skillet over medium-excessive heat; add purple bell pepper, inexperienced bell pepper, and onion. prepare dinner and stir till onion starts to brown, about five minutes.
2. season fowl with garlic powder, salt, and pepper; add to skillet. cook dinner until chicken is now not purple in the center and the juices run clear, 4 to five mins in step with aspect. an immediate-examine thermometer inserted into the middle must examine at the least 165 ranges f (74 levels c). put off chicken from skillet and slice thinly.
3. deliver a large pot of gently salted water to a boil; upload penne and cook dinner, stirring now and again, until smooth but firm to the bite, approximately 11 mins. drain; go back to pot.
4. warmness 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium warmth. add minced garlic; stir until beginning to brown, about 3 mins. whisk in flour; stir regularly to dissolve lumps and avoid burning, 2 to 3 minutes. lessen heat to medium-low; stir yogurt into flour aggregate. add broth slowly until sauce is thinned, about 3 mins. upload parmesan cheese and blue cheese; stir until melted.
5. stir peppers and onions into sauce; season with salt and pepper. pour sauce over pasta; stir to coat. mix in chicken.