1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
2. 3/4 cup white sugar
3. 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4. 2 teaspoons baking powder
5. 1/2 cup milk
6. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
7. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8. 1 cup brown sugar
9. 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
10. 1 3/4 cups hot water
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 levels f (a hundred seventy five ranges c).
2. blend flour, white sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, and baking powder collectively in a bowl. upload milk, oil, and vanilla extract; blend very well. pour batter into an ungreased nine-inch baking pan. sprinkle brown sugar and 1/four cup cocoa powder on top. pour hot water on pinnacle straight away earlier than baking.
3. bake within the preheated oven till a cake layer paperwork on pinnacle and comes back when lightly pressed, 30 to forty mins.