1. Brown Sugar Glaze:
2. 1 (5 pound) hickory smoked ham*
3. 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4. 2 tablespoons Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine
5. Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce:
6. 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
7. 1 tablespoon cornstarch
8. 2 whole cloves
9. Dash ground nutmeg
10. 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
11. 1/2 cup Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine
12. 1/2 cup orange juice
13. 1/3 cup golden raisins or dried cherries
14. 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 30 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours
1. preheat oven to 350 tiers f. place ham in a roasting pan. in a small bowl, stir together half cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine. brush 1/2 the glaze over the ham. roast ham uncovered about 20 minutes in step with pound or until internal temperature is a hundred and sixty levels f. see ham wrapper for particular cooking time and temperature; directions may additionally range. brush final glaze over ham midway through cooking time.
2. for sherry-orange dijon sauce, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, cloves and nutmeg in a 1-quart saucepan. stir to remove lumps. stir in mustard till combination is a easy paste. gradually stir in sherry cooking wine and orange juice. upload raisins.
3. cook sauce over medium-high warmness, stirring often, till aggregate boils. reduce warmth and boil gently 3 to five mins. serve sauce with sliced ham.