1. 1/4 cup butter
2. 4 yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
3. 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced (optional)
4. 1 cup sour cream
5. 1 egg, lightly beaten
6. 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
7. 1 sleeve buttery round crackers (such as Ritz®), crushed and divided
8. 1/4 cup melted butter
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 ranges f (175 ranges c). grease a 1-quart baking dish.
2. melt 1/four cup butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. cook and stir squash and onion in hot butter till soft, 10 to 15 minutes. drain and cool veggies.
three. whisk bitter cream and egg together in a massive bowl. upload squash combination, cheddar cheese, and half of the beaten buttery spherical crackers; stir to combine and pour into prepared baking dish.
four. stir closing buttery spherical crackers and melted butter together in a bowl; spread over the top of squash combination and lightly pat down.
five. bake inside the preheated oven till crackers are lightly browned, approximately 20 mins.