1. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
3. 2 cups dark brown sugar
4. 1 cup butter
5. 1/2 cup white corn syrup
6. 1 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 12 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 22 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 250 levels f (one hundred twenty tiers c).
2. warmness oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. put 4 popcorn kernels into the oil and cowl till popped; add closing kernels to the saucepan in a good layer. cover and cast off from heat, approximately 30 seconds. return to warmth and lightly shake pan backward and forward over the burner till popping slows to several seconds between pops, 1 to 2 mins. do away with from warmness and transfer to a massive bowl.
3. combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt in a 2-quart saucepan. deliver to a boil, stirring continuously. let boil for 5 mins greater without stirring. do away with from heat and stir in vanilla extract and baking soda. stir properly. pour over the popcorn; mix till flippantly covered. transfer to a shallow oven-safe pan.
4. bake inside the preheated oven, stirring each 15 mins, till a cooled piece of popcorn is crunchy, about 1 hour.