leeks and infant carrots are simmered in butter, white wine, and chicken stock till meltingly soft in this confit side dish .
1. 2 tablespoons butter
2. 5 leeks – white and light green parts sliced, separated into rings, and rinsed
3. 3/4 pound baby carrots with tops, peeled and trimmed
4. 1/4 cup dry white wine
5. 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
6. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
7. 1 pinch white sugar
8. 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
9. 1 pinch salt to taste
10. 1 pinch ground white pepper to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:41 Minutes, Ready In:51 Minutes
1. melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. upload leeks; cook and stir till translucent, five to ten minutes. upload carrots; cook dinner and stir for three minutes. pour in wine; cook until in the main evaporated, three to 5 minutes.
2. stir fowl stock, thyme, sugar, nutmeg, salt, and pepper into the saucepan. simmer, uncovered, till carrots are gentle and liquid has typically evaporated, about 30 minutes. season with salt and pepper.