1. 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
2. 3 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
3. 3 ounces grated fontina cheese
4. 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
5. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
7. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
8. 4 eggs
9. 2 cups panko bread crumbs
10. vegetable oil for frying
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:24 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 4 Minutes
1. bring a huge pot of water to a boil. add whole potatoes; boil until just tender, 15 to 20 mins.
2. shred potatoes the usage of a meals processor. switch to a big bowl; permit to chill, about 10 minutes.
three. blend cheddar cheese, fontina cheese, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and black pepper into potatoes until nicely blended. form 2 tablespoons of potato aggregate at a time into thick disk shapes.
4. pour flour right into a bowl. whisk eggs collectively in a separate bowl. pour panko into a separate bowl. roll potato disks in flour, coat with egg, and roll in panko.
5. warmness 2 inches oil in a heavy skillet to 350 degrees f (175 degrees c). fry little toddlers in batches until crispy and golden, approximately four mins. cool on a paper towel-lined tray, about 5 minutes. season with salt.