1. 1 (16 ounce) package dried black-eyed peas
2. 2 slices lemon
3. 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
4. 1 large Caserta zucchini, cubed
5. 4 carrots, cubed
6. salt to taste
7. 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
8. 1 onion, finely chopped
9. 2 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
10. 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
11. 1 tablespoon capers, or to taste
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 30 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 50 Minutes
1. vicinity black-eyed peas in a massive pot and cowl with 6 cups water. carry to a boil. add lemon slices and sugar; simmer till black-eyed peas begin to melt, approximately 30 minutes. drain and rinse.
2. go back black-eyed peas to the pot. cowl with 1 inch water. bring to a boil. simmer till almost tender, 30 to 40 minutes. upload zucchini, carrots, and salt. simmer until black-eyed peas and carrots are tender, 20 to 50 mins.
three. garnish black-eyed peas with tomatoes, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, and capers.