1. 2 tablespoons butter, melted
2. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3. 4 cups milk
4. 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
5. 1 onion, minced
6. 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
7. salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
8. 8 russet potatoes – peeled, quartered, and sliced
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 12 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 32 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 stages f (a hundred seventy five tiers c).
2. soften butter in a skillet over medium-low warmness. upload flour; cook dinner and stir until foamy, approximately 2 mins. allow cool. whisk in milk over medium heat till easy. stir in 1 half cup italian cheese mixture, onion, and paprika until melted and easy. season sauce with salt and pepper. cook over low warmness, stirring sometimes, till flavors combine, approximately 5 minutes.
3. divide potatoes between 8×12-inch cake pans. pour half of of sauce over each pan; stir to coat.
4. bake inside the preheated oven until bubbly and warm, approximately 1 hour. top pans with ultimate half cup cheese; bake for an extra 5 minutes.