Estimated Time – 1 Hour 30 Minutes Serves – 2 People
- 2 large red apples
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Some water
Preparation Time – 25 minutes Cooking Time – 45 minutes Ready Time – 1 hour 10 minutes
- Slice apple in half and then make it’s thin slices, use a pastry cutter or a knife to remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lay apple slices on a plate, overlap them if necessary. Place the plate in Microwave and keep it on High for about 45 seconds or until they limp. Cover plate with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel over it to keep the heat inside.
- Grease 2 Butter dice in ramekins or plate (6 to 8 ounce) and coat it with some white sugar powder. We will use it bake pastry once it’s prepared.
- Make a mix of sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Take a puff pastry sheet, use some flour to roll it and try to keep it thin (1/8 inch thick). Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut it into 3 inches by 12 inches rectangle.
- Brush the dough with melted butter; sprinkle with mix of sugar and cinnamon. Place apple slices on one edge of dough, keep it around 1/4 inch out the edge of dough, overlap apple slices slightly. Fold other half of dough over the apple slices to form a long “fold” of dough with exposed edges of sliced apples.
- Take egg and water in a bowl and beat them properly. Brush the dough with egg wash. Dust some more cinnamon and sugar mix for taste.
- Roll the dough from one end, don’t try to wrap it too tightly. Try to form a rose-shaped pastry. Seal pastry with end of dough strip.
- Transfer roses to prepared ramekins or plate. dust it a little with cinnamon and sugar mix. Place ramekins or plate in preheated oven.
- Bake until it’s colour turn into golden brown (around 45 minutes). Use a tong to remove pastry from ramekins and put on a plate to cool down. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on it and apple roses are ready to serve.