1. 16 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
2. 1 pound lean ground beef
3. 1 tablespoon cooking oil
4. 1 large onion, chopped
5. 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
6. 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
7. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
8. 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
9. 2 teaspoons minced pickled ginger
10. 1 dash Asian chile pepper sauce, or to taste (optional)
11. 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
12. 1 bunch green onions, chopped
13. 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. rinse complete lettuce leaves and pat dry, being cautious no longer tear them. set aside.
2. heat a big skillet over medium-high heat. prepare dinner and stir red meat and cooking oil inside the hot skillet till browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. drain and discard grease; transfer red meat to a bowl. prepare dinner and stir onion inside the identical skillet used for pork until barely soft, five to ten minutes. stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chile pepper sauce into onions. upload water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked pork; cook and stir till the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 mins.
3. set up lettuce leaves across the outer fringe of a massive serving platter and pile meat combination inside the middle.