1. 3 large cloves garlic, smashed, divided
2. 1/2 lemon
3. 4 artichokes, trimmed and stemmed
4. 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
5. 2 teaspoons ground cumin
6. 1 teaspoon white sugar, or more to taste
7. 1/2 lemon, juiced
8. sea salt to taste
9. 1 green bell pepper, diced
10. 1 tomato, diced
11. 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
12. 1/4 cup plain European-style yogurt, or more to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. pour sufficient water into a pot with a steamer insert to attain approximately 2 inches deep. add 1 smashed garlic clove and 1/2 a lemon to the water. put steamer insert into the pot and convey water to a boil. set up artichokes inside the steamer insert and region a lid at the pot. steam artichokes until a knife easily pierces the lowest of the biggest artichoke, 30 to forty five minutes.
2. mixture olive oil, cumin, sugar, lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt in a blender till smooth. upload inexperienced bell pepper and tomato; blend until easy, approximately 1 minute. pour chickpeas and yogurt into the blender; combination thoroughly. thicken dip with more yogurt, if preferred. season with sea salt; serve with the steamed artichokes.